If you need a scrumptious appetizer recipe, look no further than these Maple Piggies! Though I would want to eat them as a dinner, they would make a great finger food for a tailgating party or even while watching the Super Bowl. I think they would be fit for a summer BBQ too!
Maple Piggies Appetizer Recipe
1 pkg (20) Cocktail sausages
½ pkg Bacon, cut in half
¼ C Mayonnaise
¼ C Mustard (Dijon)
¼ – ½ C Maple Syrup
bunch toothpicks or decorative short skewers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut the long rashers of bacon in half and lay on a cookie sheet. Bake until semi crisp
3. Let cool slightly, and lay a sausage on one end and roll up into the piece of bacon. Secure with a skewer or toothpick.
4. Put the piggies back into the oven for another 15 minutes (or until crisp).
5. Combine mayonnaise, mustard and syrup all together. Taste for desired sweetness. Add more syrup if you feel it could be sweeter. (Syrups vary on the level of sweetness they contain).
Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply