Cilantro Lime Chicken is recipe that is a huge hit with my whole family, I was surprised my kids even liked it!! The best part is the chicken is a low Points Plus Value on the Weight Watchers program since the only thing with points is the chicken and the olive oil. I served ours with rice as a the side and used the left over chicken on my salad the next day!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Ingredients
- Boneless Chicken I used two Zaycon breasts sliced into four parts
- Limes either 3 or four or I used juice to coat the chicken
- Garlic, 4 to 6 cloves or minced
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne or Chili Powder
- Cilantro, 1/4 cup, snipped
- Avocado, optional I skipped this for our dinner
Cilantro Lime Chicken Instructions
- Prepare the garlic, cilantro, and lime if needed. Cover the chicken lime juice. If you wish to cut a lime into wedges and slice the avocado tp lace on to the table.
- Cut the chicken into chunks. Or you can skip this and cook them whole but chunks cook faster.
- 3 Pour a little olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan, so its enough to now quite cover the bottom of the pan. Heat up the pan on a medium high heat so the pan is hot and then add the chicken and allow it to cook
- 4 When the chicken has browned on the bottom sprinkle it with the cummin and chili powder to taste and allow it to cook till the cooked white line is about halfway
- 5 Flip the chicken and allow to cook a couple more minutes to brown and then reduc the heat and sprinkle in the garlic and lemon zest. Stir it a litte and allow it cook with out the garlic burning.
- 6 Once chicken is cooked add lime juice and stir all up.
- 7. Place chicken in a bowl and sprinkle with cilantro.
- 8 Serve we ate ours with white rice
Jenn, from Keen for Keto says
This looks amazing! My favorite everyday recipes are the simple ones with lots of flavor. 🙂