This easy Banana Bread recipe is so simple to do and makes moist delicious bread. My mom gave me this recipe and even though there is steps listed out I throw everything in my kitchen aid mixer and let it mix up.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 – 1 ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 very ripe, soft, darkly speckled bananas, mashed well (about 1 – 1 ½ cups)
- 1/4 cup PLAIN yogurt ( I have also used vanilla and it turned out well)
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 TBLSP butter, melted and Cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Start with melting butter listed below to start cooling before starting!!
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour pan. Set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs and melted/cooled butter and vanilla with
- wooden spoon in medium bowl. Whisk flour, sugar, salt and walnuts in large bowl to combine, set aside. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean… about 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then transfer to wire rack.