With the holidays almost here ( is it really only 4 days away?) it’s time to make sure your vehicle is prepared to get you to where you need to go! Taking a few minutes to ensure your car is in tip top shape can help make your holiday travel run smoothly. No one wants to hit any bumps in the road, especially on Christmas trips!
- According to the Shell Mechanics Survey*, the four best tactics to prepare your vehicle for the upcoming holiday travel season are:
- Inspect tires for air pressure, tread depth, rotation, etc.
- Check all fluid levels
- Fill up with a high quality fuel
- Check / change engine oil and oil filters
*The Shell Mechanics Survey was a 7-minute online survey conducted by StrategyOne. The survey was fielded from March 30 – April 2, 2012 and sampled 450 automotive mechanics across the United States. The margin of error is +/- 4.62% at 95% confidence.
We have done our fair share of Christmas time travel to visit relatives living in other states. We have always driven. Flying is a huge expense to a family of 5 and luggage fees prevent you from bringing home all the cool new gifts the kids get from Grandma.
- Many may be surprised to learn that driving can often be more economical, fun and flexible than flying. According to a May 2012 Car Care Council analysis, a family of four travelling 1,000 miles round trip could save $1,000 by driving instead of flying
- The average cost for a family of four to drive 1,000 mile round trip is $350
- The average cost for a family of four to fly 1,000 mile round trip is $1,441
I have to be honest, I see lots of things on the gas pump that I do not understand. I usually just pump the gas and go. I really got some good information from the Shell On The Road Website. Gasoline is really important, so I need to stand up and pay better attention. Buying gas is something I do weekly, and I want to get the most for my money.
Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines contain 20% more active cleaning agents than before, helping protect engine’s intake valves and fuel injectors from performance-robbing gunk.
You can find out more about Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines by visiting their Facebook page or following them on Twitter.
To help with your holiday gas bills, Shell is offering 2 – $50 Gas Cards as a giveaway prize! As most of you know, I like to promote the pay it forward concept, so I decided the giveaway winner will get one $50 Shell Gas Card for themselves and one to share with a friend! Good luck and have fun! Enter below.
I received gift cards in exchange for this post and giveaway. Regardless, opinions expressed are my own. Information for article was sourced from Shell.