Thrifty Tip Tuesday – 2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge

3.2K Flares Twitter 1 Facebook 18 Google+ 26 Pin It Share 260 StumbleUpon 2.9K Email -- LinkedIn 0 Filament.io 3.2K Flares ×

When I am asked to donate for bake sales or concession stands, I normally say yes, then whip up this super easy and low cost Peanut Butter Fudge. It also makes a great gift, especially in a pinch.

Ingredients -  1 – Jar of any brand peanut butter – 16.3 oz
                      1 – Tub ready made frosting any flavor ( I like the plain vanilla,the best)

Empty peanut butter and frosting into a microwave safe container.
Microwave on high for 1 min, stir
Micorwave on high for 1 min stir until smooth.

Pour mixture into lightly greased glass pan. (8 x 8, works best)
Smooth out, then refrigerate until hard .

I always get lots of compliments on my fudge. I have had my children’s friends request it.
I made this over the weekend and it cost me. $3.02 to make. That was running in to the
store, grabbing what I needed and out again. I am sure if you use coupons and stock up
during sales, the cost could be lower yet.

Thanks and enjoy!
Sorry I didn’t get a picture before the kids dug in!

About the Author

Michele is a Preschool teacher by day and blogger by night. She is passionate about saving money and sharing with others who like to save, too. Her motto is "Saving today so you can spend on what you need tomorrow."

Comments

1. Siv Maria says:

Hi, Doing the blog it forward hop,liking where I can, joining where I can, sharing, stumbling, perscribing…you got it I will click. Have a great day! BTW Love peanut butter :)

2. Just Married with Coupons says:

Wow Cool! Not only is this thrifty, but also easy for someone like me, who is not so awesome in the kitchen! Love your post! ;))

-Dawn
    Just Married with Coupons

3. Just Married with Coupons says:

PS, I tweeted this post ;)
    @MarriedCoupons

4. OMG… I so have to try this!

Greetings! I am your newest follower from Blog it Forward!

I need your help! Please stop by my site http://cindyseesit.blogspot.com .

While you are there, I’d be oh so grateful if you could go and vote for my little booger. I am trying to win a Baby Bullet and I am severely behind Directions are my latest post.
    THANK YOU!!!!!

5. Wicked Chef # 1 - Linds says:

Awesome fudge recipe! I can't wait to try it. I'm your newest follower http://www.memoirs-of-2-wicked-chefs.blogspot.com/ I hope to see you around :)

6. Thanks so much for following, following back!!

Kristy

7. Coupons Equal Cash says:

Wow! That is so easy. I am going to have to try it. Following you from TGIF (already following you on fb) :)
    Lesa

8. I love simple and tasty recipes! Thanks for sharing :o)

9. I am definitely going to try this. Thanks for the tip!

10. Try it with chunky peanut butter! Totally awesome! And I cheat, I heat the frosting and peanut butter in their containers for 30 seconds at a time (you don’t always need the full minute) just make sure you get every little scrap of foil off the top!

Love love love this!

11. elizabeth says:

Just mixed up a batch of this ….. but used NUTELLA for half the peanut butter (did not have a full jar of PB). Can we say AWESOME!? OK, I know, not quite as thrifty. Thanks for your recipe — I have made this before but never knew to microwave it, that really helps with the spreading in the pan, and improves the final texture as well.
    QUESTION: How do you package it for bake sales? The batch I just made is for exactly that!

• Michele says:

Wow what a great idea to use nutella! Yum!
      When I pacakge for back sales I usually cut into 3 or 4 one inch squares put it on a small styrofoam plate and cover with plastic wrap!

Good Luck with the sale!
      Michele

Trackbacks

1. [...] Money Saving Michele makes unbelievable peanut butter fudge! I can’t wait to try this recipe [...]